Raised of $400 Goal
I’m taking part in this event to raise awareness about preventing bowel cancer. My friend, Leanne O'Connor, and her company, Natural Selection Group, are wonderful supporters of charity organisations. The Jodi Lee Foundation is especially important to Leanne as a result of the impact Bowel Cancer has had on her immediate family. When I listened to Leanne's story, I felt compelled to support Natural Selection's fundraising efforts. Here are a few Bowel Cancer facts that resonated with me:
* 1 in 13 Australian's will be diagnosed with Bowel Cancer
* Bowel Cancer is the 2nd deadliest cancer
* Bowel Cancer risk increases with age. Australian's are encouraged to be screened from age 45. This means me!
* Bowel cancer affects men and women. 55% of people diagnosed are men. 45% of people diagnosed are women
* 99% of Bowel Cancer cases can be treated successfully if diagnosed early
* Fewer than 50% of cases are diagnosed early
I don't want Bowel Cancer impacting me and my family that way it has impacted Leanne's family.